Pursue a career in blood cancer research
This opportunity is designed to foster, through provision of a contribution to their salary and research program, the acquisition of skills and independence to conduct research in blood cancers at the laboratory, clinical or combined levels.
Grant value: up to $100,000/year ($60,000 salary contribution and $40,000 research allowance)
Grant period: 2 years
Applicants are welcome to contact us to determine their eligibility to apply.
How to apply
The application process will occur in two phases:
Phase I - Submission and consideration of a Letter of Intent (LOI)
Phase II Invitation to submit a Full Application
The applicant must register with the LLSC Research Portal, Proposal Central in order to apply. Both the LOI and the Full Application must be submitted electronically to the LLSC Research Portal.
Funds for competitive applications will be awarded on the basis of scientific merit, using a priority rating system.
Key dates for 2022-2023
- Call for Proposals - Sept 12, 2022
- Letter of Intent (LOI) due - Oct 21, 2022, 4:00 pm (ET)
- Notification of Full Application Invite - Nov 2022
- Full application deadline - Jan 10, 2023, 4:00 pm EST
- Review Panel Meeting - March 2023
- Notification of Awards - May 2023
- Award Start Date - July 2023
Read the guidelines
Applicants must carefully read the program guidelines before beginning their applications as application details have changed in 2022.
- Download – LLSC 2022 Clinician Scientist Fellow Award Guidelines & Instructions
- Download – LLSC 2022 Clinician Scientist Fellow Award Policies and Procedures
Submitting a letter of intent
Submitting a Letter of Intent is mandatory for all applicants.