Your career starts here
Our core values
We put our community first, our leadership style is grounded in the sharing of power for the growth and well-being of our people and the blood cancer community.
We believe success is a team sport. We care about results, but more importantly, we care about how those results are achieved.
We see learning as more than professional development, but as a mindset and philosophy to help us constantly adapt, change and excel.
We trust our team. We embrace the freedom of employees to work non-traditional hours if needed, to work from home and exercise creativity in career goals and development.
We celebrate character and genuineness. We expect, respect and welcome different opinions, modes of expression and diversity.
Working at LLSC has really taught me what work-life balance looks like. Working on a four day schedule, and having the freedom and trust to organize my day as I see fit, has been a true enhancement to my work and my personal life.
I've never been part of a workplace where the leadership and HR team are genuinely committed to my personal and professional growth. On top of that, everyone is ready to lend a hand whenever it's needed.
What we offer
When you join our team, you will be able to benefit from these self-care perks that will invigorate, inspire and empower you.
Work-life balance: 4 day work week, flexible schedules for most, 2 weeks of office closures in December, generous paid time off
Robust mental and physical wellness benefits, including a Health Spending Account
Office set up allowance (Support to outfit your remote workspace)
Company supported professional development opportunities such as Bias Mitigation training, DEI learning journeys, and more!
Championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at LLSC
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada is committed to equitably serving our diverse blood cancer community in the best way possible. To do this, we commit to:
- Ongoing support and investment in a DEI Committee committed to driving equitable changes for staff, volunteers, researchers, and all who are impacted by blood cancer in Canada
- Cultivating empathy and understanding through learning and professional development experiences tailored to foster an inclusive culture and advance systemic changes
- Inviting all staff to collaborate in Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) where employees come together to form connections based on similar interests or experiences and advocate for changes that support their needs and growth.
- Prioritizing work-life balance with flex scheduling, remote work, a 4-day work week, and self-care perks.
- Diversity of engaged team members is key to our success.
- We embody excellence as a standard and take ownership of personal and organizational wins.
- High-achieving teams need freedom, flexibility, and trust to thrive.
- We achieve when our employees and community at large feel supported, valued, and free to express themselves authentically.
- We must be bold and willing to take risks in pursuit of innovative solutions that improve the quality of life of people affected by blood cancers.
Equal opportunity employer statement.
To best support the blood cancer community, we aim to be truly welcoming and inclusive, as cancer knows no boundaries.
Our goal is simple: to ensure that every individual who is part of the LLSC community feels valued, supported, and welcome to be their authentic self.
We invite all skilled and qualified individuals to share in our mission and support, uplift, and empower the blood cancer community.
Candidates will be considered regardless of sex, gender, gender identity, and expression including transgender status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, race, color, creed, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, religion, genetic predisposition, or information, physical or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Canada