To protect research in progress, ongoing support is critical.
In response to this, the LLSC is offering a one-time competition to provide a boost for blood cancer research in Canada that was impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The LLSC’s Jump Start Grant is a one (1) year grant designed to “jump-start” research once again after the delays imposed by COVID-19 by providing funding dedicated to blood cancer research in Canada. LLSC will award fifteen (15) grants in this competition up to a maximum of $100,000.
Applicants are welcome to contact us to determine their eligibility to apply.
How to apply
The application process will occur in two phases. The first phase is submission and consideration of a Letter of Intent (LOI). The second phase is the invitation for and submission of a Full Application. The applicant must register with the LLSC Research Portal, Proposal Central in order to apply. Both the LOI and the Full Application must be submitted electronically to the LLSC Research Portal.
Funds for competitive applications will be awarded on the basis of scientific merit AND funding need, using a priority rating system.
Key dates for 2021-2022
- Date Call for Proposals: Dec 1, 2021
- Letter of Intent (LOI) due: Jan 10, 2021, 4:00 pm (EST)
- Notification of Full Application Invite: Jan 2021
- Full application deadline: February 11, 2022, 4:00 pm EST
- Review Panel Meeting: April 2022
- Notification of Awards: May 2022
- Award Start Date: July 2022
Read the guidelines
Applicants must carefully read the program guidelines before beginning their applications.
- Download - LLSC Blood Cancer Research Jump Start Grant Guidelines
- Download - LLSC Blood Cancer Research Jump Start Grant Policies and Procedures
Submitting a letter of intent
Submitting a Letter of Intent is mandatory for all applicants.
Submit your letter of intent here.